Old April 28th 08, 01:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default Changing Destination of "backup.pst" Changes File Size !

Perhaps, if you provided some information. You provided none.
We have no idea how you are creating this "backup" file. You should probably
mention at least that much, don't you think?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
wrote in message
I have XP Pro SP2 installed on my laptop with MS Outlook2003.

I only use Outlook as a Contacts list and , until today , this data
was saved as the file "backup.pst" in the path ;-
C:\D&S\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft \Outlook
and was 3241KB in size.

As I now wish to keep all data out of the C;\ drive I have now saved
this file to the E;\ drive and the file now has the path :-

E:\Outlook\backup.pst.

To my surprise this file is now only 1735 KB in size !

No Outlook contact data has been added or removed .

Can anyone explain this discrepancy ?

B.N.