Old April 10th 08, 04:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Bob[_11_]

Default Advanced Find

Hi Diane,

It says on that page that "Outlook 2007's Instant Search used the Windows
Desktop Search engine to provide instant searches."

How do I use the Instant search to search other users subfolders?

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote in message
Advanced find can only search the main mailbox's folders all at once.
you'll need to search each folder individually or use a different search
tool.

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi All,

I am using Outlook 2007, connected to a 2003 exchange server.

I have 6 other users Mailboxes open.

For some reason I cannot get Advanced find to search subfolders on the
other users accounts.

I am wanting to search for emails to or from a certain person in all the
open mailboxes - but it just sits forever and doesn't find anything.

If I go to a single folder, then it works as expected - but still won't
search any subfolders.

Any tips?