Old February 1st 08, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default OE expanded folders

wrote in message
On 1 Feb, 02:18, "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
wrote in message

On 1 Feb, 00:58, "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
Open the folders, or expand the tree so you see the subfolders/

Tools | Options | General. Uncheck: Automatically display messages
with
unread messages.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

wrote in message

Hi folks
OE has suddenly started opening up all my folders eg I click on the
"Current" folder where I hold all my case folders, and all the
individual subfolders open.

It didn't do it before.

Has an update caused this?
How can I regain control of it?

Bye for now

Thanks Bruce, but it was unchecked already
Norm

Let me see if I have this correct so far. In your folder tree, you have a
user created folder with a few user created subfolders under it. Does
this
group of folders expand when you open OE, or only when you click on the
main
user created folder, or when mail is checked, (Send & Receive)?

OK so far?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Hi Bruce
In the folder tree, I have a user created folder with a few user
created subfolders under it. This group of folders expands when I
click on the main user created folder.
Seems erratic. If I close them all down with the "-" then reopen the
user created folder immediately, it doesn't expand.
Burt it will do it again next time I open OE.
Norm

Do the folders ever open expanded when you open OE and were collapsed when
you closed OE, or only when you click on the main user created folder?

I would try a new Identity and import the messages. See if that makes a
difference. The messages will still be in the old identity so you don't have
to worry about that.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express