Old January 20th 08, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

Default how to move outlook mail from old hard disk to new

You only had the activation issue because you were simply cloning to a
larger hd on the same PC, it wont work for cloning to a new PC, without
other procedures & probably not at all if an OEM edition

wrote in message
On Jan 20, 10:46 am, "DL" address@invalid wrote:
Posted every day, often several
timeshttp://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
You may also have to 'take ownership' I'll leave you to google for that,
or
see WinHelp

"Margo Guda" wrote in message

When my partner's motherboard gave up the ghost the other day, we got a
new computer and kept the old hard disk in an external enclosure. I am
now
ready to move all his email files from this drive to the newly installed
outlook instance. Where do I find the files and where do I move them to
on
the new drive?

Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

Also, if you haven't put the new harddrive in yet, I know that Seagate
and Western Digital (possibly others but I know these 2) come with
software that will replicate your old harddrive onto your new one,
even if the new harddrive is bigger than the old. It will move your OS
and all documents. The only "issue" I had was that the OS had to be
activated again. Other than that, it took about 15 minutes and it was
done.

Russ