Old January 18th 08, 12:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
DL

Default News in MS Outlook

Personally I prefer the dedicated shortcut in my quick launch
"%ProgramFiles%\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /outnews

"Diane Poremsky" wrote in message
To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel
| Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express.
If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you
launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No
button.

You may need to reset the menu or toolbar using Tools, customize.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"HDS Tom" wrote in message
Okay, so to post to this newsgroup, I customized a toolbar and added the
"News" option from the "Go" menu. Then I posted a few questions to the
newsgroups, read a few other posts, and closed Outlook Express. Later, I
get a popup file folder (I believe that it is actually the folder on the
computer where some Outlook Express files are stored, but am not sure).
So I restart Outlook, only to find that the "News" button in my toolbar
is GONE and I can't even put it back, because the "News" option under the
"Go" menu is also missing!!

scratches head in confusion

How do I fix this? Any idea what causes this? I managed to find the
Outlook Express application and maually start it (so I could make this
post), but how do I continue to open the Newsreader from Outlook, if I
can't put the button on the toolbar, or even select it from the "Go"
menu.

Thanks!!

Tom