Old January 13th 08, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky

Default Long Term Retention

Finding anything in that mess would be a nightmare - searching 84 separate
psts for each employee involved would take days. Get a real archival system
that was designed for just such a scenario.
http://www.slipstick.com/exs/archive.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

"Marsh" wrote in message
We have groups within our company that is required to retain business
e-mails, including attachments, for a period of 7 years. Some attachments
can be quite large. Mailboxes can become quite bloated.
What I would like to have them do is archive the emails on a monthly
basis,
compress the archive somehow (like a zip file), move the compressed
archive
to a CD, DVD, or even a network directory.
Next month start a new archive and repeat the process.
When necessary, a compressed archive should be decompressed, the archive
restored to read one or more of the e-mails within it, and then
rearchive,
compress, and move back.
What would be the best way to proceed.