Old January 12th 08, 12:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Marsh

Default Long Term Retention

We have groups within our company that is required to retain business
e-mails, including attachments, for a period of 7 years. Some attachments
can be quite large. Mailboxes can become quite bloated.
What I would like to have them do is archive the emails on a monthly basis,
compress the archive somehow (like a zip file), move the compressed archive
to a CD, DVD, or even a network directory.
Next month start a new archive and repeat the process.
When necessary, a compressed archive should be decompressed, the archive
restored to read one or more of the e-mails within it, and then rearchive,
compress, and move back.
What would be the best way to proceed.