Old February 25th 06, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kath Adams

Default Can't Send mail using Netscape

RJ wrote:
I am using Outlook Express with my Netscape ISP mail account. I used
to be able to receive and send mail with Outlook Express, but now I
can only received mail. I have tried sending mail on several
computers and I get the same result:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
'. Subject 'test5', Account:
'pop3.isp.netscape.com (1)', Server: 'smtp.isp.netscape.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Recipient Rejected: Relay not
allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
0x800CCC79

Netscape says it is an Outlook Express problem, but I have my doubts.
Is anyone else having trouble sending mail in Outlook Express with a
Netscape mail server?

Thanks

RJ

Are you connected with Netscape when you try to send?

http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#relay550

Netscape Internet Service Mail Settings
The Netscape e-mail system is web-based, which means you can access
their e-mail from any Internet connection. Netscape Internet Service
also supports AOL® Communicator, Microsoft® Outlook, Microsoft® Outlook
Express, and other POP3 e-mail software. The outgoing mail server needs
SSL support, so make sure your email client software supports SSL
connections over the SMTP protocol.
Netscape Internet Service Incoming Mail Server (POP3) -
pop.3.isp.netscape.com (port 110)
Netscape Internet Service Outgoing Mail Server - smtp.isp.netscape.com
(port 25, using a secure SSL connection)

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (Outlook Express)