Old February 21st 06, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Transferring inbox.dbx and others from One Computer to Another without Network

You must include Folders.dbx, or you cannot import.

Backup and Resto

http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/backup/

http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

"frank1492" wrote in message
I was running Outlook Express on an old Aptiva with Win 98,
and now have a new Dell with Win XP. When the data was
moved over, the e-mails in the old inbox, outbox and "sent mails"
files failed to transfer.
What is the best way to do this and is it safe? I noted that the
files are "hidden" and thought this might create a problem when
transferring.
Also, the file sizes don't compare properly. The files in the old
computer seem to be smaller than the files on the new one, yet
the new computer has not received or sent more than a handful
of e-mails.
I have a flash drive ready to go to do the transfer, but can
someone please explain the issues, and if that is a good medium
to use?
Thanks so much for your help!
Frank
P.S. Would I just need to transfer the three dbx files or are
there others that would need to be transferred as well?