Old February 17th 06, 04:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PaulT

Default Paper clips but no attachments?

Bingo Bruce!! I do have AVG running..

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Are you using AVG for your anti-virus by chance? It's a good program and I
use it myself, AVG Free. But if you have e-mail scanning enabled, it can
cause this problem.

I always recommend not using e-mail scanning for a number of reasons. You
will still be protected. This is just a redundant layer of protection that
was added to make the user feel more secure, when they already are secure,
and it causes a lot of problems such as yours.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"PaulT" wrote in message
Bruce, "Read all messages in Plain Text" was unchecked.. the Block images
in Security was not so I checked it.. Still paper clips for most
messages...
Any other suggestions?

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Read all messages in Plain Text. But in
the Security tab, keep "Block images............" checked so HTML Spam
will not validate your address as active.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"PaulT" wrote in message
Ahh thank you Bruce, can I change this format so not to confuse, my
wife keeps thinking there are attachments in her e-mails from work
which she is missing...

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
You are reading in Plain Text and the e-mail contains HTML. This will
show the paper clip.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"PaulT" wrote in message
90% of our e-mails received have paper clips showing but most do not
nor
should they have attachments.. I even just sent ourselves a e-mail
from another account we have and attached nothing to it and yet it
shows the paperclip... Why is this showing up??