Old February 16th 06, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Default Paper clips but no attachments?

Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Read all messages in Plain Text. But in the
Security tab, keep "Block images............" checked so HTML Spam will not
validate your address as active.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"PaulT" wrote in message
Ahh thank you Bruce, can I change this format so not to confuse, my wife
keeps thinking there are attachments in her e-mails from work which she is
missing...

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
You are reading in Plain Text and the e-mail contains HTML. This will
show the paper clip.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"PaulT" wrote in message
90% of our e-mails received have paper clips showing but most do not nor
should they have attachments.. I even just sent ourselves a e-mail from
another account we have and attached nothing to it and yet it shows the
paperclip... Why is this showing up??