Old October 19th 07, 03:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Roxana

Default About Outlook and this newsgroup....

Sorry, but none of the below apply, But then, you probably never saw my
first posts.

Subject: "customize" freezes - Outlook 2002
Monday, October 08, 2007 11:33 PM
Outlook. General newsgroup

Three days later:

Subject: repost: "customize" freezes - Outlook 2002
Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:15 PM
Outlook.General newsgroup

Three days following:
Subject:"Customize" Outlook Freezes
Sunday, October 14, 2007 4:32 PM
Outlook newsgroup

Typical text body my original posts follow:
My first post to Outlook.General
Monday, October 08, 2007 11:33 PM
paste
Outlook 2002/ Office XP/ Win98se

Might as well ask if there's a fix for the near constant freeze which occurs
when attempting to employ the menu item: Tools Customize.
This freezing issue always requires the most drastic measures to shut down
Outlook/Winword. I should add that the shutdown is never successful; always
resulting in a "Because Outlook was not closed properly...checking some
folder for problems". etc.

Thanking you for any suggestions.

Roxana
/paste

New post:

paste
My repost to Outlook.General
Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:15 PM
Repost - "customize" freezes - Outlook 2002 - from 3 days ago.

Outlook 2002/ Office XP/ Win98se

Might as well ask if there's a fix for the near constant freeze which occurs
when attempting to employ the menu item: Tools Customize.
This freezing issue always requires the most drastic measures to shut down
Outlook/Winword. I should add that the shutdown is never successful; always
resulting in a "Because Outlook was not closed properly...checking some
folder for problems". etc.

Thanking you for any suggestions. (this is one busy NG)

Roxana
/paste

Milly, would you be so kind as to explain to me what, where and how -
precisely - I'm errant in my posts ?

My third post to Outlook newsgroup
Sunday, October 14, 2007 4:32 PM
paste
Outlook 2002 /Word 2002 /Office XP / W98se

Perhaps they'll be an answer in this group instead of Outlook.General, where
this has sat - more or less - ignored, or in best case scenario, answered
ineffectively, more than two days ago. No return reply from this person
since then.

I don't mean to rile anyone with this "preface", but it's quite frustrating
to sit here and wait interminably.
N.B. - I waited for ~ 2 days before 'reposting' this question. I didn't
cross-post/multi-newsgroup post either.

I realize - and can plainly see - that the MS Outlook newsgroups are *filled
to the brim* with constant problems, but can't anyone Follow-up / Watch /
Flag any question they initially volunteer to reply to ? (even I know how to
do that)
If there's no follow-up, what's the point of initially "trying to help" ?

Thanks.
Roxana
/paste

Again, I must ask, would you be so kind as to explain to me what, where and
how - precisely - I'm errant in my posts ?

Thanks for stepping in with your insight.

Roxana

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
wrote in message
Common reasons why posts are not answered:

1. Posters omit Outlook version.
2. Posters omit clear description of problem, e.g., "Help, my Outlook will
not send!"
3. Posters use the subject line as the complete description.
4. Posters do not respond with requested information when asked by the
volunteers.
5. Posters p*ss off the volunteers by unnecessary usage of M$, Microsloth,
Microshills, Microsh*t, etc.
6. Posters begin by bashing the group/helpers/answers.
7. We all have personal lives that precludes hovering in these news groups
24/7.

Take your pick. Pay especial attention to number 6.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Roxana asked:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...865e9436e2afba