Old February 9th 06, 11:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Default Need suggestions on folders

I like that bar. Don't like all that noise on the left hand side.

Maybe you'll come to like it better. G

steve

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
link.net...
Okay; I don't much like that bar, but agree it will help me focus (I hope)
better. Many thanks!
--
Regards,

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX
"Steve Cochran" wrote in message
To help prevent from doing this again, go to View | Layout and disable
the folder list and enable the folder bar. That way its much less likely
that you will be able to delete an entire folder without doing it
deliberately.

steve

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
ink.net...
you clearly are a bright person: I did have 69 messages in Follow Up,
and did delete it, say yes, empty trash, say yes, and now, pine.
Somebody ought to tell Uncle Bill that people who think they know it all
get tired of being asked if they really mean it, when 999 chances in
1000, they do.
--
Regards,

P D Sterling
www.pdsterling.com
214/520-6655 voice
214/550-2618 FAX
"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Are you saying that you had 69 messages in a *User Created* folder and
you accidentally deleted the folder and its contents? And that you
would like to have this user created folder set so it cannot be
accidentally deleted? If that is what you are asking, then No. You get
two chances to redeem yourself.

1): When you select to delete, you get a prompt asking if you really
want to delete the folder and all of its contents.

2): After you delete it, you can still go into Deleted Items and drag
it back out, (unless you have emptied Deleted Items before you realized
what happened).

The best you could do is use Drafts as your *Follow up* folder.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"P D Sterling" wrote in message
link.net...
I'm something of a control freak: it annoys me that I cannot delete
"Drafts" as it is a system folder. Is there a way I can make my Follow
Up folder to be a system folder? I just deleted 69 messages I rather
needed to follow up on, and I am a bit depressed. Not perfect, just
depressed. TIA.
--
Regards,

P D Sterling