Old September 27th 07, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
April

Default Hotmail account setup

It displays The Page Cannot be found and I thought I could change it to
display the Hotmail URL.

I also thought it may fix the problem where I click in the Inbox or Bulk
Mail and the screen 'refreshes' for about 3 seconds then 'moves' and seems
to reset itself to the left hand pane. I wanted to find the cause of this
problem and thought it maybe related. Have you heard of this issue?

"Brian Tillman" wrote in message
April wrote:

When I click on the 'root' of my Hotmail account, it shows "The page
cannot be displayed". How do I rectify this?

You don't. The root of a Hotmail account doesn't ever show anything
because it always contains nothing. Why do you expect to see something
there?

When I then click on Send/Receive but only my Inbox is updated. How
do I ensure the Bulk Mail is updated as well.

Press Alt-Ctrl-S while viewing your Inbox. Select your Send/Receive group
(probably "All Accounts" and click Edit. Select the Hotmail account and
put a check by the folder named "Junk E-mail". Click OK.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]