Old September 27th 07, 02:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
BillR [MVP]

Default Outlook 2007 freezes while Configuring Outlook Accounts

disable those so it might be the reason you can run in Safe Mode. If you can
then start Outlook normally add each add-in back one at a time to see if any
caused the problem.
If that fails you might need to repair the installation or uninstall and
reinstall.

--
Bill R MVP
"Mark" wrote in message
I deleted profile that was there and created a new one. Test mail was OK.
When I started Outlook 2007 it offered me safe mode. I clicked NO and it
loaded OK. However, after I rebooted and started Outlook 2007, it froze at
the welcoming screen. No error message this time.
Mark

"BillR [MVP]" wrote in message
Try with anew profile created via the Mail icon in Control Panel.

--
Bill R MVP
"Mark" wrote in message
When I tried to run Outlook 2007 for the first time it froze with
"Configuring Outlook Accounts" and "Creating Outlook Data File"
messages. Since nothing was happening I closed it out through Task
Manager. When I tried it the second time it advised that Outlook 2007
did not close correctly and offered Safe Mode. I did work in Safe Mode.
I restarted the computer and when I start Outlook 2007 it freezes with
the same error messages but it works in the Safe Mode after I close it
through Task Manager. I have Vista Home Premium and Office Profesional
2007. I use Windows Mail but wanted to experiment with Outlook and have
a problem now.
Mark