Old September 14th 07, 10:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Espana2006

Default Unicode on Outlook 2003

"Espana2006" wrote:
As for email, I have WORD active and there is no problem using accented
characters in emails- I can combine Spanish and Japanese without problem. At
least email works!

actually there is a problem with email. When I receive emails in Spanish in
HTML which doe not have the encoding specified (ie Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=iso-8859-1), Outlook chooses the default Japanese format which
converts any accented character and the character following into a Kanji
character..