Old September 2nd 07, 02:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
kenzix

Default Trouble with add-in

How do I do that? What I did is that I ran the Regedit and tried to find
"scanemail.dll", but no file was found. Did I do what you told me correctly?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

kenzix wrote:

I could delete the file that you gave. It seems that the second
warning "c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\so\vsolpg.dill" could not be
installed or loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair
on the Help menu." has disappeared, but the first warning "C:\Program
Files\McAfee VirusScan\scanemal.dill" could not be installed or
loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help
menu." keeps popping up when I start Outlook.

Use Regedit to scan the registry for that file (scanemail.dll - not .dill)
and remove the key referencing it.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]