Old August 28th 07, 07:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
George

Default Sync phone to outlook 2007 probs

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

George wrote:

I 'm not sure how to check what you are suggesting. The other thing
that I have just remembered is that after reloading windows, I
removed office 97 pro as I no longer needed it and could see no
benifit in running both office suites, could that have had an affect?

Did you uninstall Office Pro 976 before installing Outlook 2007? You
should. Also, you'll probably need to create a new mail profile with the
Mail applet in Control Panel. Finally, never scan incoming or outgoing mail
with an antivirus program.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

At the time when everything was working well I had loaded office pro 2007 without removing office 97. After I had my probs with windows and reloaded windows xp via upgrade option several things did not work properly but these have now been resolved. It was after I reloaded windows that I removed office 97 and since then I have reloaded office 2007 and the pc suite but they still do connect. I have several email accounts that I imported from outlook express and I have tried setting up mail profiles through control panel although I don't think I need a profile, but still they do not connect. When removing outlook 97 it asked me if I wanted to remove microsoft exchange, i clicked yes as I have never used it and outlook 2007 has been loaded since 97 was removed so it was a fresh install.

Why should outlook express be available but not outlook 2007?