Old August 28th 07, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Trouble with add-in

kenzix wrote:

When I open Outlook 2003, the warning messages show up saiyng "The
add-in "C:\Program Files\McAfee VirusScan\scanemal.dill" could not be
installed or loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair
on the Help menu. and The add-in
"c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\so\vsolpg.dill" could not be installed or
loaded. This may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help
menu." Then, I tried to resolve it by using Detect and Repair, but it
did not fix this problem. How can I resolve this kind of problem? I
am using a different security software now.

Try deleting the (hidden) file
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat
(for XP) or
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat (for Vista) and then restarting
Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]