Old August 24th 07, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Default Recover contacts in Outlook 2002

Paul Lady wrote:

I just encountered another "funny" in this episode.

I burned a CD of the relevant *.pst files so that I could recover the
rest of the personal folder contents.

The CD burned but it would not allow access from outlook,open,data
file. some comment like not authorized. files are marked read only,
is this the problem?

You must have read/write access to a PST in order to open it.

how do I change that with the CD burner? I
tried and did not find any option to set file properties.

You can't change the attributes on the CD. CDs are, by definition, read
only. COpy the PSTs you your hard drive and then remove the read-only
attribute.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]