Old August 22nd 07, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Default Recover contacts in Outlook 2002

Paul Lady wrote:

I have lost my contacts on a damaged HDD in Outlook 2002 (XP).

Yes, my backup was out of date a month!

I can now access this data with the drive installed as a slave.

If the HDD is damaged, there's no guarantee you'll be able to access
anything on it and even if you can, depending on the nature of the damage,
you could damage it further each time you do access it. What was the nature
of the damage?

Is there a way to recover my contacts?

Since all of your Outlook data was kept in a single file called the PST,
copying that PST to the new HDD and adding it to your Outlook profile should
restore your access to it (provided the original HDD damage doesn't affect
that file). See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]