Old July 18th 07, 09:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
forceten32

Default Transfer of data

Thanks, Frank.

Regards,

Fred

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote in message
Correct. They will just add rather than replace as long as you don't
overwrite the DBX files currently in use. See the sites I mentioned.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"forceten32" wrote in message
Thank you. Do I assume correctly that when I backup to media and then
restore to a different computer, the messages being restored will be
added to the messages in an appropriate folder and not replace those
currently there?

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote in message
"forceten32" wrote in message
Five months ago I switched to a new computer. That computer has now
gone down and I'm back on the original computer, at least temporarily.
Both computers use XE andOE6. How do I transfer all OE files from the
downed computer to the one I'm now using? I want to add to all current
files, not replace since I've been using the current computer for a
couple of weeks.

Since both computers have the same files older than 2/13/07, I realize
that from 2/13 backwards, I will wind up with duplicates of everything
on the current computer after I transfer - unless there is a way around
this.

Backing up and Cloning your OE Identities
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
and
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...pten.mspx#EBAA
Number 1