Old July 3rd 07, 09:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
[email protected]

Default How can I get Outlook 2003 (IMAP) to automatically move Junk-email to the junk folder ?

I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2. My email account is IMAP
to UNIX. I get hundreds of SPAM message per day. The Junk E-mail
filter built into Outlook works reasonably well, but it doesn't seem
to run automatically.

If I manually click on the message header in my Inbox, then Outlook
moves a copy to the Junk e-mail folder and strikes a line through the
message in my inbox, so that purge will remove it. This happens
because I have selected "High" under Tools-Options-Junk E-mail-
Options.

That's all well and good, but I can't click on hundreds of email per
day.

How can I get Outlook 2003 to AUTOMATICALLY examine each incoming
email and send it to the Junk E-mail folder???

From what I have read, there WAS a rule option in Outlook 2002 called

"suspected to be Junk e-mail" to move junk email to a folder, but that
rule choice seems to be gone now in Outlook 2003.

I hope someone has an idea as I've been scanning the internet for
hours to no avail.

Thanks!
Larry