Old July 3rd 07, 08:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John Simons

Default Autocreation of calendar items/tasks for law firm

I know some programming, but I prefer to leave that up to the
propeller-heads. My strength is more 'big picture' make everything work
together. In terms of your specific needs, may I suggest you look at
Lexis/Nexis Time Matters package. I have a small client that is using it and
they love it.

John

"Lady Dungeness" wrote:

Good morning John,

Let's go ahead and keep it on the newsgroup for a while; perhaps it will
attract some other legal users of Outlook. Who knows, we may be the start
of something great!

My needs are modest; I'll be having a solo practice, and don't expect to be
doing any trial work. Document management will be more important to me than
a tickler system. But of course, I'm always happy to offer what I can to
others.

You know programming?

Lady D
Crabs are Deeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

"John Simons" wrote in message
| Yes Milly, I had already Googled that and found the offerings wanting. It
| turns out that there is nothing that I could find that did an 'automatic'
| populating of the calendar based on a given date. There is one (CompuLaw)
| that calculates everything in their proprietary app and then will 'export'
| Outlook. The problem is that their app doesn't support exporting to
Public

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...uling+software

| --
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|
| After furious head scratching, Lady Dungeness asked:
|
| | John -- please stick around; I'm needing help with law-office related
| | issues, too;
| |
| | Lady D
| |
| |
| | "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| | wrote in message
| | google is your friend.
| |
| | --
| | Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
| |
| | Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All
| | unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| | reading.
| |
| | After furious head scratching, John Simons asked:
| |
| || I have a law firm client who is running SBS 2003 with OL2003 on the
| || desktops. They are looking for a way to autocreate calendar items on
| || the group calendar based on an upcoming trial date. These items can
| || be a various time intervals prior to the trial date. Is there a way
| || to autocreate (I assume using macros) these calendar/task items
| || and/or is there an applet already out there that does this? thanks
| || for any help you can provide.
| ||