Old June 22nd 07, 05:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general,microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Synapse Syndrome

Default Remote Access or shared LAN access of Outlook without using Exchange Server ????

"Diane Poremsky" wrote in message
Windows server supports pop3 and smtp... not sure if it supports IMAP
which is the best option for sharing. Otherwise you'll need a 3rd party
tool.

Another option is leaving the mail on the server and downloading it to
each computer - using an IMAP acct is better.

If you use Outlook 2007 you can easily publish your calendar and share it
with both computers.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

The email accounts I want to be able to access remotely, are an assortment
of POP3, Hotmail and IMAP accounts. It's obviously the POP3 accounts that
are causing the problem here. Your links seems to solve the Contacts and
Calendar entries though.

I have found this by searching:
http://outlook-remote-accesss.etoppi....qarchive.org/

But it does not seem to be quite what I am looking for, by the sound of it.
Ad ideally I want to have the mail on the server.

ss.