Old May 6th 07, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Outlook 2007/Vista - Outbound mail failing

Peter Foldes wrote:

I have a different view of MacAfee and also Norton. Had some that did
exactly as you say and might I mention it is correct to assume as per
your post but the issue came back with it even with the email
integration not installed. MacAfee and Norton are 2 very incompatible
AV programs that tend to cause many different issues not just with
Office but also with the OS

In general, AV programs that do not integrate with the mail client work well
enough. I personally have never had a report of McAfee's VirusShield
causing O/S problems, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised to here such a
report concerning a Symantec product.

Since the person spent money on McAfee already, it can't hurt to reinstall
it without the mail feature, thereby saving the investment. If it still
causes trouble, then it's time to consider another AV program.
--
Brian Tillman