Old April 11th 07, 04:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
Matthias

Default Vista - OutLook 2007 - PPC2003SE - sync problems - partial sync

Hi,

seems like a lot of people are having the same problem. So me. Got Windows
Vista Business and Outlook 2007 and a Windows Mobile 5.0.
I tried almost everything to get the sync working. Documents, OneNote Mobile
works just fine, but nothing from Outlook.
I think the problem is based that Vista blocks the file acsess to the .pst
file or the MAPI Service is blocked somehow. I turned off the Firewall, the
Defender, some other services... but nothing happend. The error message
doesn't tell anything. But out of the look files it seems to stick together
with the MAPI or personal file from Outlook.
Even changing the options in Outlook "Vertrauenstellungscenter" (german
version", like the trust center, giving all macros and add-ins full rights
didn't work out.

So please, could someone, even a MS-person, try to find out what is the
problem. I mean Visa, Office07 and a PocketPC 5.0 is a lot of many... and in
the end, it dosn't work.

Thanks a lot. maybe there are some good clues in my post where to find the
problem...

Matthias

"Paul P" wrote:

I have set up a new Vista Business & Office 2007 system. I can connect my
Pocket PC to the system. The Sync'd Files operates correctly in both
directions. Sync'ing to Outlook 2007 does not.

Changes on the PPC are not recorded to Outlook nor are changes to Outlook
recorded back to the PPC.

I also run Pocket Quicken thru the same connection. It works fine. All
things point towards a problem with Outlook2007

I've called tech support and the issue has risen thru three levels of tech
support. We've deleted, restored, reinstalled, scrubbed registry, booted
with all services but essential ones - all the things you would normally do
and still no joy.

I am awaiting a call-back from the Research Team now.

Has anyone else run into this? All other aspects of the machines work
normally. The PPC sync'd to Outlook2003 and WinXP without any problems.

Ain't it fun being on the Bleeding Edge? You meet some of the nicest guys
while talking to tech support.

Paul