Old April 11th 07, 03:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default unable to delete mail in outlook 2003

wrote:

I ran a McAfee cleanup and I've been having tons of problems since.
The most annoying is that the delete shortcut ("X") gives me an error
message "Errors have been detected in the file C:\\ blah blah \Outlook
\Outlook.pst. Use the inbox repair too."

Symantec programs often work poorly with Outlook. Start with a new mail
profile.

The repair tool didn't find any errors. I looked for answers on the
net and found I don't have a deleted files.dbx file anywhere. Outlook
is supposed to create one if it's missing. I tried making a new
Outlook Data File -- didn't fix the problem.

DBX files are for Outlook Express, not Outlook. You need more than a new
PST, I suspect.
--
Brian Tillman