Old April 2nd 07, 08:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
paulmacl

Default scanpst.exe issue in Outlook 2007

Brian, the tool SCANPST.EXE delivered with Office 2007 *does not* work. I
have the new Office installed on my XP Home system and double clicking the
program doesn't start it and doesn't deliver an error message.

Copying the PST file to a system with Office 2003, I could easily repair the
damaged file.

--
..../Paul
http://whizzo.ca

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

paulmacl wrote:

I find it very offensive that someone looking for support for MS
Office is directed to a $249 "solution". Shouldn't Microsoft provide
working tools with their expen$ive software?

The tool that MS provides works. That doesn't mean some company can't write
a tool that might work better.
--
Brian Tillman