Old March 26th 07, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default "Deleted" contact addresses return to life - what a pain!!

Deleting Contacts will do nothing to your autocompletion cache. You must
manage that separately.
Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting
the entry when presented in the suggested names list (use your arrow key to
migrate to the entry) and then hitting your Delete key before you tab out of
the field.
To clear the entire cache, follow the instructions he
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q287623

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"SS" wrote in message
Hello...

This problem occurs on my Win XP Pro machine and
my wife's XP Home machine (and a few friends' as
well).

Using Outlook 2002 SP3.

I replace a contact's email address, but the old
one keeps showing up on the auto-suggest along
with the new one...and in some cases it's the
first one on the list of suggestions.

To make things even more annoying, it often just
shows the person's name and not the old address -
so I often don't notice that I'm sending the
message to an old address.

How the hell can I kill those old addresses for
good?

TIA