Old January 23rd 06, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.exchange.misc,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.security
Vanguard

Default PGP vs Digital IDs

"Fredly" wrote in message
Thanks Vanguard. Another question:

Is there a way to automatically sign and encrypt email in Outlook via
S/MIME
and Digital IDs to certain contacts all the time without having to
manually
check on each email. We do not wat to set these settings for every email
due to the message you must choose "send unencypted" each time.

You can set Outlook to digitally sign all outbound e-mails.

You can only encrypt outbound mails for which you have received the
recipient's certificate (you use THEIR public key to encrypt). If you don't
have a cert from the recipient, you can't encrypt to them. So I suspect
that you could leave encryption always enabled but it won't encrypt except
for those recipients that have previously sent you their public key in a
digitally signed mail (that you need to save in your contact folder).

Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others.