Old February 28th 07, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
F.H. Muffman

Default "stop processing more rules" why?

Rob wrote:
I made a rule to permanently delete a message based on the subject
but I cannot uncheck the option to stop processing more rules?
Everytime I do it auto checks itself again. Can I disable that?

Actually, no, you can't. The reason is to prevent Outlook from breaking by
trying to run a rule further down the stack on a message that it just
deleted. If there are other rules you want to run before this message gets
deleted, move this rule down below those rules in the list.

Basically, imagine the following steps:

1) Buy an apple.
2) Destroy the apple.
3) Eat the apple.

You'd sort of break if you tried to follow the steps.
--
f.h.