Old February 11th 07, 12:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Jim Hesse, Jr.

Default Cannot Get Vista to Recognize Outlook 200 Install and Default

Same issue, can't find anyone with an answer and upgrading to Office 2007
isn't a viable option (bad enough I had to buy a new laptop!). Anyone with
suggestions?

BTW - this also keeps the new Mobile Device Manager from working properly as
well!

Jim

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

You need to ask in an Outlook NG. I'm not sure Office 2000 is supported by
Vista 2007.

steve

"MartyTheMSAccessGuy" wrote
in message ...
I installed MS Office 2000 with Outlook to use as e-mail client, but, it
repeatedly ask me to configure Outlook when I launch it and then
repeatedly
prompts me to make it the default mail client each time I launch it as
well.
Tried to go into Start/Default Programs/Set Program Access.. to set it as
default but it make no difference. Tried to use Windows Mail, but it
cannot
import Outlook mail messaages, because it does not recognize it as being
installed. Really do not know what to do next.