Old January 28th 07, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Default missing inbox.dbx

"wrdfinesse" wrote in message
When I open OE 6, all the pre-existing content of my Inbox (including
subfolders and their contents) have disappeared. I can locate inbox.dbx
and
the subfolders using Windows Explorer, but I cannot import them into OE 6
or
into Outlook.

I suspect OE collided with McAfee and got corrupted. Is there a place to
download and install just OE 6?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I've copied the .dbx file to another computer and tried to import with no
success.

Turn off email scanning and anti-spam in McAfee. It does not leave you
anymore vulnerable than just having McAfee do it's normal background check.

While in the Inbox click View | Current View and make sure that "Sow all
messages" is checked and nothing else.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com