Old January 5th 07, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.exchange.admin
KingCronos

Default Post Exchange 2003 upgrade Outlook searches looks at pre upgrade dated messages first

We have an Exchange 2003 server, which replaced an Exchange 2000 server
back in August and all the mailboxes were migrated across. My boss
complained to me today that now when he runs a search within Outlook it
starts the search just before the upgrade and then goes back earlier.
Eventually, it finds the post upgrade dated emails too and sorts them
in the correct order, but my boss has complained that he has to wait
until right till the end of the search before he can see the more
recent ones (which are usually the ones he wants). It also means that
he now lets his searches run to the end every time rather than stopping
them after the email I'm looking for appears.

Is there a way around this or is this another Microsoft feature?