Old January 3rd 07, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba
ollie

Default File all Emails by Sender in the Inbox and Move to Folder according to Pre-set Rule

Hopefully Sue can help me or someone else here.

I need to right a macro in order to make filing my Inbox emails simpler
in outlook 2003.

Simply, I want to right Click an Email that's in my Inbox and then have
ALL of the emails from the sender in my Inbox "MOVED" to a
pre-determined sub folder (from a rule).

So I can and have created rules to move emails from specific Senders to
the folder as they arrive but basically I want to read the emails
first that arrive in my Inbox and then "Move Them" to a pre-specified
folder that I have determined using the Rule Wizard.

So I first create the rule but turn off run rules automatically for the
ones which say emails from Sender X move to Folder Y.

Now I need to create the Right-Click Menu Macro to 'File All Senders
Emails'.

Could someone show me the VBA Code necessary to do this Please?

Logic is this.

With
Current Selected Mail Item
Search All Mail Items with Senders Name in Current Folder
Where Rule Contains Name of Sender Run this Rule for All Mail Items
in Current Folder

Obviously it would be better if Outlook could have Subfolders
associated to Contacts in the Addressbook that way instead of having to
run the rule wizard, for certain filing actions, you could call the
associated Folder Property in VBA or .NET.

Many Thanks

Ollie