Old January 20th 06, 06:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Clyde

Default cant connect to exchange server

Windows 2000 SP4 Outlook 2003

Cant connect to Exchange server

I have a box that is not part of my employer's domain. When I fired
up Outlook this week it has stopped being able to connect to the
exchange server. It used to prompt me for authentication
(username/password) but now it doesn't. The last email in Outlook on
this system was Jan 4.

When I tried blowing away my profile and set up a new one I get an
immediate response about Outlook not being able to connect to the
server.

Someone told me that they remember something like this where Outlook
is sending the authentication info when it shouldn't and there was
some way to "reset" Outlook not to send the authentication info.
Again, I've checked the "always prompt for pasword" in Outlook but it
never does.