Old December 16th 06, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Default Message content replaced with "Message has not been downloaded"

What kind of mail account is this?

If POP3, that would indicate a corrupted Inbox DBX file.

If HTTP (Hotmail/MSN) or IMAP, it could indicate a problem with the mail
server or connecting to it.

See if this might apply:
Authentication fails when you use Outlook or Outlook Express to try to
log
on to a HTTP-based mail server if you use Internet Explorer version 7.0:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=904942

"Bill Norton" Bill wrote in message
Recently I opened up Outlook Express (6.0) and noticed that all of the
mail
in my Inbox between the dates of 11-2-06 and 12-9-06 showed the
following
message:

Message has not been downloaded
Outlook Express has not yet downloaded this message.

To download the message:

Click here.

Press Space.

Outlook Express
"Click here" was linked to "athcmd:download".

In addition the messages in many, but not all of my subfolders were
wiped
out.

What's happening? Is there a way to get the messages back?