Old December 7th 06, 05:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
GandalfPJ - G.O.A.T. (Guy Of All Trades)

Default Symantec WinFax Pro outlook 2003

I found this conversation while searching for a resolution to a problem for
one of our end-users. It seems that he is encountering the same problem as
described previously. I don't have the text for the EXACT error message, but
this is what he sent me:

"My Outlook crashed this afternoon, followed by a solution message from
Microsoft attributing the problem to Symantec WinFax Pro and directing me to
the Symantec website for a solution. "

I know for a fact that Winfax Pro has never been installed on this machine,
so I would have to agree that there's a problem with the error reporting.
Anybody have any ideas?

"Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

What is the exact error message you get? The original post was a reply from
either MS or Symantec about an error message not specified.

What version of Outlook are you using? Provide all the details you can so
people can answer your question properly.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"bb" wrote in message
I got the same error message, and I've NEVER installed winfax pro on this
machine. (I haven't used it for years, and have the program on 3.5"
floppies,
and this machine has no such drive.)

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Thanks
bb