Old January 19th 06, 03:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Default import .pst file

It means what it says. PST files created in Outlook 2003 are not compatible
with earlier versions.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ginger" wrote in message
Hello,

I just had to reinstall Outlook and am having trouble reconfiguring my
system.

On the properties menu I have my email account configured. I can send a
test message OK. When I try to add a .pst file an error message appears
that
says "this file is not compatible with this version of the Personal
Folders
information service. Please contact your administrator."

What does this mean? Just yesterday I had this .pst running on my
Outlook.
Some glitch occured and Outlook would not open properly--so i uninstalled
and
reinstalled. As I recall, I was using Outlook 2003. This is Office XP
and
Outlook 2002.

Thanks,
Ginger Shaw