Old November 12th 06, 04:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
sprockets

Default Outlook Express has encountered a problem and needs to close...

"PA Bear" wrote in message
Start he http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#crash

General OE Caveats:

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a
manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm.

- WinXP SP2 only: Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown
your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place.

- WinXP SP2 only: If your machine is fully up-to-date at Windows Update,
installing the following patch (KB918766) will help to avoid such data
loss in the futu
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2-98af2256ccc3

This patch will be included in the next Cumulative Update for Outlook
Express/WinXP SP2.

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Good info here, I will take all the emails in the "Sent" folder and put them
in my own created folder.

I turned off the A/V email scanning program too.

I have the auto compact and auto email check boxes, unchecked so they don't
go on either, I can do that manually.

So when will there be an OE7 with fixes and upgrades to follow with IE7?

--
Sprockets
IE7, OE6, YIM8, WinXP2