Old November 11th 06, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Tom Koch

Default Outlook Express has encountered a problem and needs to close...

"Roy Hammond" wrote in message
Tom
I've just had a thought...
In thinking through the steps you advocate, I realised that I have some 60
rules set up (will they be transferred into my new identity?)..could it be
one of my rules that's causing my "need to close" problem?

I doubt it. Early versions of OE5 had a bug with certain rules that would crash
OE, but that was fixed a very long time ago, before OE6, and hasn't been
reported since.
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#badrules

In case you missed Frank's post, here's how to backup your rules and restore
them to another Identity:
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/partial.htm#settingsbu

--
Tom Koch, former MVP for IE/Outlook Express 1997-2005
http://www.insideoe.com