Old November 10th 06, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Roy Hammond

Default Outlook Express has encountered a problem and needs to close...

Tom
I've just had a thought...
In thinking through the steps you advocate, I realised that I have some 60
rules set up (will they be transferred into my new identity?)..could it be
one of my rules that's causing my "need to close" problem?
I await your advice before going the new identity route...
Roy

"Tom Koch" wrote in message
"Roy Hammond" wrote in message
Thanks Tom, tried that. Followed your suggestion fully. All folders
appeared to compact OK this time.
However "need to close" message still appears when downloading emails
only.
Each of my local .dbx folders can be opened OK, with no problems seen
which could suggest a damaged folder...so far as I can tell (but what do
I know?)
So I'm still at a loss to see what's wrong!
Anything else I can try?
Roy

Yes, I would try creating a new Identity from the File|Identities menu.
You can first export your mail and news accounts (one at a time) under
Tools|Accounts, Export button. Then File|Identities|Add New Identity.
Switch to the new Identity, cancel the New Account wizard, click
Tools|Accounts and use the Import button to import your accounts. You can
then also import your old Identity's mail folders using File|Import.

--
Tom Koch, former MVP for IE/Outlook Express 1997-2005
http://www.insideoe.com