Old November 10th 06, 03:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Roy Hammond

Default Outlook Express has encountered a problem and needs to close...

I have Windows XP2 (completely reinstalled after reformatting last month),
latest patch level, IE7 for 3 weeks and Outlook Express 6. Before the
latest Microsoft automatic updates earlier this week, the following problem
did not exist.

In OE6, part way during downloading emails, the "needs to close" message
appears.
I've discovered that the emails continue to fully download if I ignore the
closedown message (of course I then have to allow the closedown).

The error signature in the closedown message says "AppName: msimn.exe" and
"ModName: directdb.dll".

I've compacted all OE6 folders (although, strangely, one folder wasn't
compacted because a message said it was in use - unlikely since it was a
store only for messages associated with a hobby of mine).

I've done scans for any malware - none found.

I've also deactivated the McAfee VirusScan on emails and downloads.

No shutdown message appears when sending emails, or when sending or
receiving newsgroup messages.

Still the closedown message appears ...

I'm running out of ideas! Can somebody give me a clue as to what's wrong and
how to fix it?

Best regards
Roy