Old November 9th 06, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Default Unable to open the Address Book. The address book may not be i

Each Identity will have a copy of the folders.dbx file. You want the one
from the identity that won't work. However, if its the address book that is
the problem you may need to rename the wab file to get OE to function again,
I think.

steve

"cbcrocker" wrote in message
Steve,

OE opens fine (except for the address book) and emails flow into the
inbox.
You just can't create a new email or reply/forward existing ones. I'll
try
your suggestion though when I get home. Is it a specific folder named
folders.dbx or is it all of them?

Craig

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

Try deleting folders.dbx (hidden)

See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#7

steve

"cbcrocker" wrote in message
I'm running XP Media Center 2005 and was trying to resolve an issue
with
my
son's "Identity". I created a new identity for him and was deleteing
contacts
from the contact list one at a time when it went blank and started
giving
me
the above message closely followed by one that told me that OE6 wasn't
configured properly and to reinstall it. I tried various "cures" found
within
the MS site (and others) with no luck. As a last ditch effort before
migrating to Outlook 2003 I upgraded to IE7 with no luck again. In
fact,
when
I now click on an email I get the following "There was an erroropening
this
message. An error has occured." which is another of MS's useless
messages.
Any ideas? At this point I'm pretty desperate.