Old February 20th 06, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Brian Tillman

Default How to automatic'ly add parenthesis and dash when entering phone n

Format Telephone Numbers Format Telephone
wrote:

On some Outlook installations, you only need to enter the digits in a
telephone number, and when you Tab to the next field, Outlook
automatically adds a parenthesis to the area code and a dash after
the first three numbers.

I have to manually add the paren and dash on my system at home. How
can I set up Outlook to automatically format the phone number? I
have Office 2003 and WinXP.

By configuring your dialing and modem options in Windows Control Panel,
Outlook should properly mask the phone numbers.
--
Brian Tillman