Old February 20th 06, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts
Format Telephone Numbers

Default How to automatic'ly add parenthesis and dash when entering phone n

On some Outlook installations, you only need to enter the digits in a
telephone number, and when you Tab to the next field, Outlook automatically
adds a parenthesis to the area code and a dash after the first three numbers.

I have to manually add the paren and dash on my system at home. How can I
set up Outlook to automatically format the phone number? I have Office 2003
and WinXP.