Old November 3rd 06, 08:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Default error message when trying to send an e-mail

Ted Zieglar wrote:
Get the correct SMTP server name from your ISP. Even better, ask your
ISP how to setup Outlook Express to work with their service. They should
have clear, complete instructions.

---
Ted Zieglar
"Backup is a computer user's best friend."

outlook error wrote:
hi there, whenever i try to send an e-mail i get this error message: host
SMTP was not found. control that you have written servername correct. Konto:
'pop3', Server: 'SMTP', Protokoll: SMTP, Port: 25, secure (SSL): no,
contacterror: 11001, errorcode: 0x800CCC0D.

thank you very much on advance

I have a similar problem today. This is my solution,

Start = Run = CMD

In Command Prompt:

Ipconfig /release = Enter

Ipconfig /renew = Enter

When I Go back to outlook express again, problem solved

Hope this help