Search: Threads Started By: Alan or alan
Are message categories visible to external recipients who also useOutlook? by Alan
Hello, If I create a new message, assign a category to it and send it to an external recipient (who also uses Outlook), will they see the...
May 12th 10 07:45 PM
by Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 627 Outlook - General Queries
Outlook 2007 - are there distribution-list-only and by-member viewsfor the Contacts folder? by Alan
Hello, In Outlook 2007 with an Exchange-server mailbox : - is it possible to open the Contacts folder and configure the view to only show...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 9th 10 06:51 PM
by Alan Go to last post
10 1,066 Outlook - General Queries
How can you tell which distribution list a message was sent to whenthe recipients have been expanded? by Alan
Hello, When we send a message to a large distribution list, the list is expanded and the message in the Sent Items folder displays all...
April 28th 10 10:19 PM
by Russ Valentine Go to last post
1 395 Outlook - General Queries
rescheduling a meeting sends a message to recievers saying cancell by Alan
when rescheduling a meeting, the people involved recieve an email saying that it has been cancelled, this occured a while ago but then stopped, and...
April 8th 10 09:56 AM
by Alan Go to last post
0 472 Outlook - Calandaring
backup tool by alan
I can't seem to get this on my computer. i download the software, and install it. it says that it is installed. When i go to file and look for...
March 29th 10 08:36 PM
by Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
2 557 Outlook - Installation
Is there any way to stop messages being incorrectly marked as"replied" please? by Alan
Hello, If you save a draft reply to a message, Outlook marks it as "replied" even if you've never sent the message because you cancelled it or...
March 13th 10 06:04 PM
by Diane Poremsky [MVP] Go to last post
1 355 Outlook - General Queries
Any advice on what to use to handle hundreds of nested distibutionlists pls? by Alan
Hello, We're migration from a third-party mailsystem to Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. In the old system, one departmental mailbox had hundreds of...
March 3rd 10 07:30 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 327 Outlook - General Queries
How can I customize the address book like with details templatesplease? by Alan
Hello, I know that you can modify the details templates for users, i.e., the form displayed when you select the Properties of a recipient, but...
March 2nd 10 09:47 PM
by Diane Poremsky [MVP] Go to last post
8 467 Outlook - General Queries
How can I get a nested category view in Outlook please? by Alan
Hello, We migrated from a third-party mailsystem where users had large, often nested distribution lists, to Outlook 2003. At the time, we had...
February 26th 10 06:00 AM
by Leonid S. Knyshov // SBS Expert Go to last post
2 695 Outlook - General Queries
Some stationey causes black signature text to appear in yellow? by Alan
Hello, One of our users is using the "Blank" stationery in Outlook 2002 + 2003. However, that causes the black text in her signature to appear in...
February 17th 10 03:44 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 535 Outlook - General Queries
250 recipient limit when sending a message to categories? by Alan
Hello, In Outlook 2002/2003, when you select one or more categories in the Contacts folder and select Action - New Message To Contact, you get...
January 27th 10 01:55 PM
by Sue Mosher [MVP][_4_] Go to last post
1 1,169 Outlook - General Queries
HTML mail: how can I print messages and all attachments in one goplease? by Alan
Hello, We have a few secretaries who printout most messages for their bosses. That's just the way they work, they see things better on...
January 25th 10 01:36 PM
by Polly the Parrot Go to last post
2 919 Outlook - General Queries
What's the best way to explain to users how to share mailboxes? by Alan
Hello, We're moving to Exchange/Outlook 2003 from another mailsystem. We have literally hundreds of boss-secretary and functional-mailboxes....
January 19th 10 09:17 AM
by Alan Go to last post
2 622 Outlook - General Queries
Any way to prevent users changing the Security Zone setting inOutlook? by Alan
Hello, Is there any way to prevent the end-user from changing the Security Zone (Tools - Options - Security) in Outlook 2003 please? Can't find it...
January 14th 10 06:53 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 610 Outlook - General Queries
Contacts Don't show in new email by Alan
I put in a new contact in the contacts file but it will not show up when I hit "To" for a new email in Outlook. Under Address Book in Outlook, I...
January 1st 10 04:04 PM
by Russ Valentine Go to last post
3 612 Outlook - Using Contacts
How do you add text to custom columns created thru the Field Chooserpls? by Alan
Hello, If I create a custom text column via Field Chooser - New, how can I enter text into it afterwards? I'm looking to add an "annotation" column...
December 10th 09 04:48 PM
by Roady [MVP] Go to last post
1 442 Outlook - General Queries
Can the user's name be removed from the header of printed messages? by Alan
Hello, One of our bosses has several secretaries who print out some of his mails for him to read. When they print the mail, their names are in the...
December 10th 09 02:44 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 323 Outlook - General Queries
Know any product to sync multiple Exchange calendars please? by Alan
Hello, My boss wants to sync his Outlook calendar with several members of his team (one-way only). I've seen several products that can do that...
December 3rd 09 07:09 PM
by Diane Poremsky [MVP] Go to last post
3 430 Outlook - General Queries
How can users select recipients by AD attributes? by Alan
Hello, We have populated many of the standard fields in Outlook and even added some custom fields of our own. How can our users select recipients...
December 2nd 09 01:27 PM
by Alan Go to last post
2 502 Outlook - General Queries
Search not working by Alan
Search for Contacts, as well as emails no longer finds anything. Tried rebuilding index. Nothing. Any other suggestions?
November 28th 09 10:56 PM
by Peter Schmidt Go to last post
1 699 Outlook - Using Contacts
Should Reply-To-All include yourself? by Alan
Hello, We've migrated from a third-party messaging system to Outlook 2002/2003 with Exchange 2003. When a user does Reply-To-All on a received...
November 18th 09 04:52 PM
by Diane Poremsky [MVP] Go to last post
1 549 Outlook - General Queries
Any way to choose dictionary language before launching spell checker? by Alan
Hello, Each of our users writes messages in several different languages each day. Is there an easy way in Outlook 2002 or 2003 to select...
November 18th 09 04:45 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 287 Outlook - General Queries
Tranfering Group Emails by Alan
I've asked this twice before. I have group emails in Mail and I'd like to transfer them to Outlook. How can I do this? Also, how do I save the...
November 14th 09 03:00 PM
by Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] Go to last post
5 632 Outlook - Using Contacts
Avoiding Printing Addresses in Header by Alan
I broadcast emails for my son's store. If I print out the email after having received it, all the broadcasted addresses print out in the header. ...
November 14th 09 05:58 AM
by Diane Poremsky [MVP] Go to last post
1 489 Outlook - Using Contacts
Is it possible to restrict who can send me a meeting request? by Alan
Hello, Is it possible to restrict who can send me a meeting request? Thinking of a CEO who doesn't want just anyone to be able to request a meeting...
October 17th 09 07:28 AM
by Alan Go to last post
2 643 Outlook - General Queries