Search: Posts made by: Charlie Tame
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 8th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Charlie Tame
Calendar Without Net Access?

Gordon wrote:
"Charlie Tame" wrote in message
A friend uses Outlook 2003 and wonders if there is a way to stop the
Forum: Outlook - Calandaring July 7th 08, 03:25 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Replies: 3
Posted By Charlie Tame
Calendar Without Net Access?

A friend uses Outlook 2003 and wonders if there is a way to stop the
calendar from trying to access the Internet. IOW he simply wants it to
be content working standalone.

Yes the firewall will...
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 26th 07, 03:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Replies: 5
Posted By Charlie Tame
I would NOT install the Desktop Search or Risk Destroying YourOperating System

Peter de B. Harrington wrote:
Hi:

After rebuilding Windoze XP Pro SP2 for the umpteenth time, and successfully
intalling Office 2007, I was prompted to install the Desktop Search Engine
Forum: Outlook - General Queries May 4th 07, 04:47 AM Posted to microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Replies: 5
Posted By Charlie Tame
most reliable newsreader

TS Mathews wrote:

"Leen" wrote in message

"TS Mathews" wrote in message
Forum: Outlook Express April 4th 07, 12:40 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 27
Posted By Charlie Tame
Blank inbox emails after several hours

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote in message
"puzzledinmn" wrote in...
Forum: Outlook Express April 2nd 07, 06:56 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Charlie Tame
Can't Open Newsgroup Messages in OE6 XP SP2

You mention using one machine at work, but does the other one also belong to
the same "Domain" at work?

SP2 is more secure than XP SP1 and therefore your IT department have more
options to disable...
Forum: Outlook Express March 25th 07, 10:17 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 8
Posted By Charlie Tame
Outlook Express and Thunderbird

"Jeff" wrote in message
N. Miller wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:54:09 -0500, Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
wrote:

"N....
Forum: Outlook Express March 11th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Charlie Tame
remote outlook express access

If you have xp professional you can actually login to the machine from
another location and read your mail that way using remote desktop. The only
other satisfactory solution with outlook express,...
Forum: Outlook Express November 27th 06, 05:15 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 6
Posted By Charlie Tame
e-mail sent back

Well NTL is a pretty big provider and it's possible your friend's mail
server runs a spam blocking program that has NTL blacklisted.

Of course this hits innocent users as badly as it hits the...
Forum: Outlook Express November 23rd 06, 02:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Charlie Tame
why cannot sent e-mail to my friend?

From the staggering amount of detail you gave us to work with let's try the
simple things first.

Has he / she got a computer?

If yes, is it plugged in, switched on and running an operating...
Forum: Outlook Express November 23rd 06, 02:25 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 6
Posted By Charlie Tame
e-mail sent back

The message seems to clearly indicate that the problem is at the other end,
however it always helps if you can copy the exact text of the message and
paste it into the post when you ask a question....
Forum: Outlook Express November 18th 06, 01:11 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 4
Posted By Charlie Tame
Outlook Express across multiple computers

"Allan Wallace" wrote in message

I know this is probably an old question. I have a network of three
computers...
Forum: Outlook Express November 11th 06, 08:15 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Charlie Tame
email extension can't be processed what pgm. is associated wit

Michael just described the other method so either should work.

Charlie

"paul Masson" wrote in message...
Forum: Outlook Express November 11th 06, 05:33 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 5
Posted By Charlie Tame
email extension can't be processed what pgm. is associated with it

Save one to the desktop then right click and choose open with from the menu.

You should see a window with a selection of programs or an option to search
the web or choose from a list (Depends on...
Forum: Outlook Express October 27th 06, 11:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 16
Posted By Charlie Tame
Outlook Express Resets Incoming Mail Server (POP3) Every Reboot

The purpose of the 127.0.0.1 redirection is so that incoming and possibly
outgoing mail is collected by OE from a "Filtering" program or "Proxy"
installed on 127.0.0.1 which is always your own...
Forum: Outlook Express October 25th 06, 05:24 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Charlie Tame
Messages I write always wordwrap about half-way across page

Well I use Outlook at work but to be honest I don't really use anything in
it that isn't in OE. Usually if I want to send a decent looking document I
compose it in word and send it as an attachment...
Forum: Outlook Express October 22nd 06, 01:49 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Charlie Tame
Filter by header details

If you want complex filtering / classifying of email and still want to use
OE then your answer maybe a program called PopFile. I actually run PopFile
on an old PC and filter through that for all...
Forum: Outlook Express October 22nd 06, 01:34 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 16
Posted By Charlie Tame
Outlook Express Resets Incoming Mail Server (POP3) Every Reboot

Yes it will as long as you have the real-time protection on.

What your AV is trying to do is redirect outlook express to ask for mail via
a small mail server program the AV has installed (127.0.0.1...
Forum: Outlook Express October 21st 06, 04:09 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.fr.outlookexpress
Replies: 3
Posted By Charlie Tame
probleme a la resption

Well I'm sure Babelfish managed to screw up my reply - this sounds like the
file association for ".doc" is being set and getting lost.

It should not get lost of the box I mentioned in my reply is...
Forum: Outlook Express October 20th 06, 12:16 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Charlie Tame
Messages I write always wordwrap about half-way across page

No, they look okay in the preview pane but in a full window it is as you
say, 2/3 across.

I assume this is because email was invented when screens were 80 columns
wide for text or something like...
Forum: Outlook Express October 18th 06, 12:08 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Charlie Tame
2 GB of memory over 1 GB of memory free, and outlook complains of being out of memory

Well I guess we have to wait and see for a while then. I guess it may be a
task that's not returning memory properly or something so maybe the
unusually high setting is now avoiding...
Forum: Outlook Express October 18th 06, 12:01 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Charlie Tame
when using "Reply to All" one contact disappears

Thanks, I assume that Dan got the original message the same as you got it,
that would indicate that his email address was there - if he did not then
Michael's suggestion will hopefully shed some...
Forum: Outlook Express October 17th 06, 07:14 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 2
Posted By Charlie Tame
Task window Problem

Bottom right corner there is a "Pushpin" gadget. Click that so it is
pointing to the left and it will no longer remain pinned to the desktop.

Now go slap your forehead because that's what I did...
Forum: Outlook Express October 17th 06, 07:11 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 7
Posted By Charlie Tame
2 GB of memory over 1 GB of memory free, and outlook complains of being out of memory

Thank you David, it is always helpful when someone posts a solution.

I checked in W2003 Enterprise Server and the values there differ a bit, like...
Forum: Outlook Express October 17th 06, 05:27 AM Posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Replies: 15
Posted By Charlie Tame
Messages I write always wordwrap about half-way across page

Okay at 1280 X 960 with a full screen window that goes about 2/3 across but
wrap looks okay, as I usually read however using the preview pane it looks
distinctly odd with the first line break...